15 January 2009

Playing Catch Up

I thought I would share some of the holiday events and pictures. I had a pretty full December. Hanukkah with The Family, Christmas with Whatshisface's Family and then Ethan's Birthday. All in all it was pretty fun, if not a little expensive. This was the first year I'd made an event out of me and Whatshisface's Xmas. It was also the first year I had any real extra cash to speak of. So I may have spent a little more than was necessary but I was pretty pleased with how things turned out. It was a first Xmas in a lot of ways and I got some good memories out of it.

Lessons to be learned from this holiday season...

1) Always give with gift receipts. When gift giving for people you don't know the odds are surprisingly high that they already have it.

2) Don't make Whatshisface do Xmas in the morning if an evening time slot is available. Xmas and grouchy don't mix.

3) If you think you got a Jonas Brother's CD and excitedly scream "Oh my gosh, the Jonas Brothers" pause a moment and verify that the CD is actually The Jonas Brothers. (Note: Leah)

4) If you think Mom mistakenly got you the wrong subjective and voluntarily given gift, then keep it to yourself. (Note: Ethan)



This is mom's Snowman alter.



This picture cracked me up. It's like the Grote version of The Last Supper.



Sad Boss is sad. No Hanukkah present for him :-(



Do you like my festive lights? They made opening presents more fun somehow.




I got a gift certificate to get a pedicure at a local spa. I can't wait!



So this marks the second picture in existence of us together. And the first one that isn't blurry. He pretty much hates all these pictures of xmas because he 'looks weird'. He made me take them down off of facebook in exchange for agreeing to taking some real pictures of us together in the near future. However, I am putting this one up no matter what.



Jason's idea of Xmas included video games. At least it matched my blue and white themed xmas decorations.



This is the awesome cake I made and decorated for Ethan's Birthday.






He almost had a seizure of happiness with all the legos he got.

2 comments:

Cav5Mom said...

Does Ethan eat cake? You should open a cake business! Really.

HS Mom of 4 said...

We all know you could do that--along with your pie shop. You are a great cook and baker--multi-talented. So much like your Grandma Sinn when it comes to that stuff--unlike your mom!