A couple of big changes going on in the last few weeks. During a visit with my doctor it was suggested I try a gluten free diet for awhile. I started it thinking that it wouldn't work. And then I started to feel better. And then I had a panic attack. Gluten is everywhere! How was I ever going to live my life without it? I'm still in the testing phase trying to figure out if abstaining is really helping or how much I really can tolerate. But I think it may end up being a major life change.
The other big thing is a marathon. That's right a marathon. My participation in a marathon. You are not seeing things. I have been trying to turn myself into a runner for almost a year now. My success has been.... mediocre. Almost three weeks ago I received some info in the mail about Team in Training and The Leukemia and Lymphona Society. It is an organization that uses endurance events to fundraise for blood cancer patients and medical research. I'd already been researching events to commit to, hoping that would up my motivation. And here was an event just waiting for me. It also would help the cause to cure mom's leukemia. Nothing could be so perfect I thought. I ended up bringing a friend to the informational meeting and as I was thinking about if this was even possible she was signing paperwork and handing me a pen. So now we're training and raising money together. I am extremely nervous and cautiously excited about it all. Hopefully I can finish the training and raise the minimum requirement. If you'd like to help out either financially or just with an encouraging note, here is the link to my fundraising site. I've also got the little box over on the side of the blog here if you'd like to keep track of progress. I will probably be splitting updates on the training, fundraising and LLS organization between my blog and the fundraising page. So be sure to check back to see if I make it through!
Jennifer's LLS Fundraising Page
31 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm awfully proud of you.
Thanks mom!
Post a Comment