Sorrow and Joy.
Those two words definitely define the journey of this project for me. I am very sorrowful that I will not be completing my journey with LLS. I was not able to meet my fundraising deadline and will not be attending the marathon in San Diego this June. I definitely cried a few tears over the decision to not recommitment financially to TNT. I could have signed the paper work and had faith that the rest of the money would have found it's way to me through more fundraising attempts. But I decided that possibly leveraging my own savings if the money didn't come through wasn't the best decision for me at this time. My mom recently had surgery to remove a brain tumor and has been struggling with her recovery a little. My father is still out of work. Between those two things I thought it was best to make sure that my availability in both time and finances was more important for my family than LLS. I feel very guilty not finishing when I think of how generously everyone donated to help me get to $1000. I was floored by the generosity and encouragement by so many. I would like everyone to feel comforted by the facts that you are a part of the local TNT team raising $43,000 thus far. That is going to help so many families and keep so many successful research projects going. I am also still running. I will be participating in my hometown half marathon in a little less than a month. I hope to complete a marathon closer to home before the end of the year as well.
So thank you to everyone that has supported me through this huge personal growth experiment. And thank you for helping thousands of cancer sufferers with your generous donations.
06 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment