Just sitting around this morning chatting with Amber. It went a little something like this:
yahyoo82: wanna become a librarian with me? http://www.jenw.org/home.htm
Mycroft33: Ooooo
Mycroft33: sure
yahyoo82: you know I really did want to be a librarian at some point
yahyoo82: I really wanna find a copy of "Nancy Runs the Bookmobile" now
Mycroft33: I thought about it
yahyoo82: I volunteered at the library one summer. They made me pull old catalog cards. It gave me leg cramps!
Mycroft33: lol
yahyoo82: whoa....read this
"Since she had decided to take the job as library assistant at the college’s huge old main library, Katie had met and made many lifetime girl friends, had acquired an apartment with color TV and a tiny balcony, bought and paid for a used red Porsche, and had been in and out of love—all within the brief space of seven months. "
yahyoo82: I want a red porsche and a balcony!
Mycroft33: I have an old boss working at the Architecture and Art library at Miami University of Ohio, maybe he could hook us up
yahyoo82: really?
Mycroft33: yeah, and we could date college hotties
yahyoo82: yeah!
yahyoo82: cause you know they all have the hots for the librarian ladies
Mycroft33: so true, we'd have to get glasses
yahyoo82: and cardigans
Mycroft33: oh, I have some already
yahyoo82: score!
Mycroft33: sweet!
we then moved on to life, love and possible job opportunities only to come back to:
yahyoo82: we really should become librarians
Mycroft33: yeah
Mycroft33: we should find a halfway point geographically to make our dreams come true
yahyoo82: then maybe we could snatch ourselves some rich Business grad students who would end up being multi millionaires in the near future
Mycroft33: Ooooo
Mycroft33: I like that idea
yahyoo82: therefore supporting all our earthly needs, leaving us free to moonlight as crime detectives
Mycroft33: yes, CSI: Greenville
yahyoo82: I can hear the theme song in my head!
Mycroft33: yes!
Mycroft33: one day, one day
yahyoo82: one day soon, my friend
Mycroft33: once we find those rich grad students we could finally buy that island we were looking at
yahyoo82: Ooooh
yahyoo82: I'll need an island to drive my porsche around
Mycroft33: me too
09 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yet another reason why i love you two...
you know, i'd say that a fair half-way point between hamilton and wichita is pretty darn close to edwardsville, which just happens to have a university, and an library...
you know that sounds like a pretty sweet idea. i might have to participate. and by participate i mean hang out at the library and watch you two work while i intermittenly read and disrupt your work. then i would force you both to hook me up with a grad school hottie as well. sounds like fun right?
oh and then i would crash on your island for awhile until one or both of you finally worked up the nerve to tell me to stop eating your food and get a real job.
when does this start?
Post a Comment