12 August 2009

Congrats Mollie and Chris!!!

Mollie is my Roomie. We haven't lived together in over four years but we will forever be each other's Roomie/Rumi. Mollie was my second college roommate (we won't really go into the first one, but her nickname was Barney) we were the perfect fit together and never split up until graduation. Sometimes we still kick around the idea of one of us moving in with the other. If only the whole moving and finding new jobs/boyfriends seems like such a hassle. So we settle for occasional visits and facebook posts. This visit was different though, my roomie was getting married! After six years Chris and Mollie finally decided to make it official. It was a pretty exciting trip. I took some extra time off work and drove up to help Mollie with pre-wedding stuff. It was nice to get some hang out time with her before things got crazy. I'm pretty sure we got roomie naptime in every day except for the actual wedding day.

Mollie was so awesome about everything, she was laid back and didn't worry about a single thing the whole weekend. The only time she lost her cool a little was when 7 people tried to help her get into her wedding dress. Apprently Mollie is a big girl and doesn't need help getting dressed. :-D

The wedding ended up being so beautiful and so much fun. It was great to get to see Mollie's family and a lot of my college friends. I miss them so much sometimes!



The Happy Couple!


Yay for orange bridesmaid dresses.


We went to the clinique counters at the mall and had our make-up professionally done.


They had the wedding in her families backyard in front of the garden. It was a very beautiful, but windy setting.


Carrie, Geoff and Me. Geoff made it from Boston to the wedding.


The flower arrangements for so simple and lovely.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So I've been reviewing my blog posts making sure I didn't post anything super dumb, and I realized that pic of me at the makeup counter looks really weird. I had no idea I had such a ginormous forehead. It's a fivehead. Sigh.

HS Mom of 4 said...

We love Mollie. We love Chris. (Remember when he taught L & E to do the triple jump.) We are so happy for them.
I am so thankful for your college friendships esp. Mollie. I'm so glad Geoff made it to the wedding.
And I'm so sorry about your forehead. I think that curse came from my side of the family. That is why I've always worn bangs--cuz I thought my forehead was as broad as a barn.

HS Mom of 4 said...

btw--I thought that pic of you was especially lovely. Thought I might like a copy of it.